Sunday 27 April 2014

Spring Readathon 2014: Sadly, very little reading so far

So I signed up, even thought I knew I was going to babysit four kids for the entire afternoon and evening, a six-month-old baby, a five-year-old, a nine-year-old and an eleven-year-old. I'd hoped to get some reading done while the younger ones were asleep. Alas, while my baby nephew was pretty much a delight for most of the day, he was less fun when it was time to actually go to sleep. It took me the best end of an hour to get him to sleep in the first place, and then, because the poor dear is teething, he refused to stay asleep for much of the night. Hence there hasn't exactly been a lot of quality reading time.

Still, at the end of hour 11, I had managed to read 177 pages, 24 of which were from a fairy tale collection as a bedtime story for my five-year-old nephew. The other 153 were the about 2/3 that I had left of The Sandalwood Princess by Loretta Chase, the only book I've been able to complete so far. Normally, I stay up until the wee hours of the morning, and have to go to sleep around hour 17-18. Completely worn out by my babysitting job, I'm going to retire to bed now, and see how much I get read tomorrow before the cut-off time of 2pm.

I have several trade paperbacks of comic books lined up, for quick and easy reading:
Wonder Woman, vol 2: Guts by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang
Hawkeye: My Life as a Weapon by Matt Fraction and David Aja
Locke and Key, vol 1. Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez
Chew, vol 2: International Flavour and vol 3: Just Desserts by John Layman
Boxers & Saints by Gene Luen Yang

No comments:

Post a Comment