Saturday 29 April 2017

#Readathon Spring 2017: Opening Survey - Also hours 1-4

It's that great time of year again, when I forget about all the work threatening to completely drown me and spend as much of 24 hours reading to my heart's content.

This year, I was already pretty engrossed in a book by the time Read-a-thon officially began and didn't want to waste time blogging when I could be reading. Hence the Opening survey is a bit late. To those having seen my blog in previous years, there's going to be a lot that's the same as before.

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Oslo, Norway

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Probably Saga, vol 7, which I still have not been able to read because of all my work these last few weeks.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I'm currently on a pretty restrictive diet, so am trying not to eat anything too fatty or unhealthy. I've got some raspberries and blueberries for later, though, and the husband is currently making beef stew.

4) Tell us a little about yourself!
I'm a secondary school teacher. I love reading, but currently all the correction work I have to do in the run-up to exams is threatening to kick my ass, and this spring I've not had the energy to do as much reading as I'd like. It's mostly been listening to old romance favourites in audiobook form. Am really glad to have some time to read today.

5) If you participated in the last Read-a-thon, what's one thing you'll do different today?
Maybe read more comic books/graphic novels? They're always good for quick, satisfying reads.

Pages read so far: 220
Currently reading: Weird Girl and What's His Name by Meagan Brothers
Books finished: The Hot Shot - Kristen Callihan

No comments:

Post a Comment