Sunday 14 October 2012

October Read-a-thon 2012: Hour eighteen


End of Event meme: 
1. Which hour was most daunting to you?

Without a doubt, hour fourteen, between 3 and 4 am, when I nearly nodded off three times. I did get a bit of a second wind, though, and keep going until 5 am, in the end.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for the next year?

I can highly recommend both The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater and A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve Read-a-thon next year?

No, I think it's fine the way it is. Maybe someone could make sure the links to mini-challenges actually work, though. That'd be good

4. What do you think worked well in this year's Read-a-thon?

I'd picked a good selection of books, and because I kept checking the 24-hour Read-a-thon blog every hour, I kept myself motivated.

5. How many books did you read?

I managed to finish 4 books and one trade paperback of comics - so 5

6. What were the names of the books you read?

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Eternal Pleasure by Nina Bangs
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
Batman: Time and the Batman by Grant Morrison and a bunch of artists

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Probably A Wrinkle in Time, but The Raven Boys is a very close second.

8. Which did you enjoy least?

Time and the Batman, as it's really only a collection of linking stories from some Batman-comics I read ages ago, and some that I really want to get to

9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I will absolutely take part in the next Read-a-thon, which I'm assuming will be sometime in spring. I love these things, and am so glad I've now completed three of them! I will obviously be a Reader.

Summing up of my Read-a-thon:
Hours awake and actually reading: 18 (includes some time off for eating and bathroom breaks)
Pages read in the last hour: 172 (yay for comics!)
Pages read in total: 1329  
Books completed:
The Raven Boys 
Eternal Pleasure
A Wrinkle in Time
Fun Home
Batman: Time and the Batman
Mini-challenges completed: 3



No comments:

Post a Comment