Saturday 13 October 2012

Read-a-thon Introductory Questionnaire

1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Oslo, Norway. The skies are a bit overcast, it seems quite chilly out, so I'm glad to be tucked inside with my books.

2. Which book in you stack are you most looking forward to?

I wouldn't pick books for Read-a-thon that I didn't feel excited about, so it's hard to choose. Possibly Eternal Pleasure by Nina Bangs, the ladies at September's Vaginal Fantasy Hangout made it seem like lots of fun. Besides - an action-packed romance with shapeshifting dinosaurs, what's not to love?

3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Trying to be healthy, I've made some savoury muffins with ham, sweetcorn, cheese and green onions in them. Really wish I'd thought of baking something as well, though. Need sweet things. I do have a pint of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer, though. That'll probably do very well

4. Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm a secondary school teacher of English and Norwegian in Oslo. I've been blogging about books for about 3 whole years now, going into my fourth. I'm married to an Englishman, we have two cats. I read voraciously, so I don't go crazy and kill those around me in a fit of rage.

5. If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what's the one thing you'll do different today?

This is actually my third Read-a-thon (yay!). I've tried to include more comics and graphic novels in my pile this year, because only big books tends to get a bit samey and daunting after a while. I'll try to take short breaks, and will do my best to follow the 24-hour Readathon blog, so I can do the various challenges and stuff, because that's always fun.

I did have a hearty breakfast/brunch, with potted eggs and toast, and a big glass of orange juice, so I should be ready to get started now.

First book: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater!

1 comment:

  1. AH! Graphic novels! I hadn't thought of that. That's a fantastic idea. Unfortunately, I don't have any on hand. :) But I've got plenty of audiobook on hand, so I guess I'll be ok.

    This is my first read-a-thon, but I'm certainly enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete