Sunday 19 October 2014

#Readathon October 2014: Finishing up

1) Which hour was the most daunting for you?
Hour 14, where I had to keep battling not to fall asleep. Hours 3-7, when I hardly got any reading done because of family dinner.

2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged next year?
Jackaby by William Ritter
Locke & Key: Head Games by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez

3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve Read-a-thon for next year?
No, I think it all went excellently.

4) What do you think went really well in this year's Read-a-thon?
From an arrangement point of view, I really like that there is now a Goodreads group. I didn't spend too much time in it WHILE I was reading, but am really looking forward to browsing it now that I'm done actually reading. For myself, I'm glad I got as much reading done as I did.

5) How many books did you read?
Five

6) What were the names of the books you read?
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
X Marks the Scot by Victoria Roberts
Jackaby by William Ritter
Codename: Knockout. The Devil You Say by Robert Rodi, Louis Small Jr., Mark Farmer and Amanda Conner
Locke & Key: Head Games by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez

7) Which book did you enjoy most?
Jackaby by William Ritter

8) Which book did you enjoy least?
X Marks the Scot by Victoria Roberts. Let's just say I'm not going looking for more books by this author.

9) Do you have any advice for next year's Cheerleaders?
Keep up the good work. I want to thank all the lovely people who cheered me on through my blog or Twitter. It makes it so much more fun.

10) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Try to stop me from participating again. I will make very sure that I can take part in both the April and the October Read-a-thon in 2015. In 2015, my nephew's birthday will be on the Sunday, by which point I'll be done reading, so that will make it much easier.

Total amount of time spent reading: Exactly 10 hours (I love that spreadsheet). Hoping for more next year.
Total pages read: 1320 (Graphic novels for the win)

No comments:

Post a Comment