Saturday 25 April 2015

#Readathon Spring 2015: Hour the first

It's already ten minutes into the first hour and I haven't read a page. Because I was busy making myself scrambled eggs with spring onions and salsa. Can't do all that reading on an empty stomach.

Here, as always, is the opening meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Oslo, Norway. The weather is grey, bitter and quite foul, so it feels extra rewarding to spend much of the day inside, reading.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
That's actually going to be hard to choose from. I have the new Laura Florand to begin with, All for You. I'm also planning on reading The Royal We by Jessica Morgan and Heather Cocks, better known as the Fug Girls. I think it may be time to finally read The Martian, by Andy Weir, but I'm terrified that I'll be the first person I know, in real life or on the internet, who doesn't love it. I also have a big pile of comic books lined up that I've been saving. I'm looking forward to ALL of my reading, basically.

3) What snack are you most looking forward to?
Probably dinner, which we're having from an awesome local pie place called Hello Good Pie. They make absolutely amazing dinner and dessert pies.

4) Tell us a little bit about yourself!

I'm a 35 year old secondary school teacher. I adore reading. I'm currently putting off the correcting and grading of about a 120 student essays, just so I can read for much of 24 hours. It feels great.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what's one thing you'll do different today?

It feels like for the last few read-a-thons, I've always managed to get myself saddled on babysitting duties for my nephews, which has heavily cut into my reading time. This year, I have no other responsibilites, except taking care of my husband, who's bedridden with a bad cold.

I'm also going to cheer on online friends who are also participating. 

1 comment: