Sunday 28 April 2013

#Readathon 2013 Spring Edition: End of Event meme

Reading when event finished: Snow White and Rose Red by Patricia C. Wrede
Pages read during last hour: 82
Pages read in total: 967

End of Event meme:

1) Which hour was most daunting to you?

As I didn't do as much reading this year, I didn't really get as tired as I normally do. Every hour I got to spend reading was a luxury.

2) Could you list a few high interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Briar Rose by Jane Yolen was excellent, but incredibly sad
Snow White and Rose Red by Patricia C. Wrede is an excellent fairy tale retelling, combining the traditional fairy tale with a historical account of Elizabethan England

3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve Read-a-thon next year?
No, I think it's all working well now. I really appreaciated the many Facebook updates prior to the event.

4) What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon?
The website updates were great, as always. I'm glad I managed to get as much reading done as I did, considering how much I had to get done.

5) How many books did you read?
Two half ones and two complete, so three in total. :)

6) What were the names of the books you read?
I read the second half of Maskeblomstfamilien (The Dandelion Family - my own translation, the book is not translated into English) by Lars Saabye Christensen
The Shadow in the North by Philip Pullman
Briar Rose by Jane Yolen
The first half of Snow White and Rose Red by Patricia C. Wrede

7) Snow White and Rose Red, because Briar Rose, while amazing, is all about the Holocaust, so not exactly an easy and fun read.

8) Which did you enjoy the least?
Maskeblomstfamilien - it was required course work reading, and a deeply unpleasant book. I pretty much loathed it

9) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again?
I will absolutely be doing it again in October, as a Reader. I love these chances to really indulge in reading.

2 comments:

  1. I keep thinking I ought to read Briar Rose at some point.
    Also, I'm impressed that you're reading for charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely should, it's excellent. It deals with a very difficult subject in a very engaging and moving way. I must admit it had been on my shelf since 2009, and I kept meaning to get round to it. I had decided to try to do the entire Read-a-thon this time with TBR books, and succeeded.

    Well, I read for my own pleasure. The blogging and proceeds to charity are more of a bonus, really.

    ReplyDelete