Thursday 2 September 2010

My wonderful recent book haul

I'm another year older, and as always, my wish list consisted mostly of books. Not that most of my friends seemed to have read most of it - or if they had, they had certainly not checked with each other what they planned on getting me. At my party, I ended up with not one, but two complete sets of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments trilogy, as well as a third copy of book 3: City of Glass (am working on a review of the trilogy now, and this will appear in due time). I also received two copies of Lucifer 11: Evensong, just to increase the number of duplicates.

Still, lots of duplicate books means going to swap them, and there are two extremely well stocked fantasy book stores in the Oslo city centre now. Taking four books and a trade paperback in, I emerged a short while later with six new books and a different trade paperback. The same day as I decided to go book-swapping, a number of parcels from the Book Depository also arrived, increasing my collection further. I also had to go back today to purchase an additional couple.

So in the last week, my book collection has increased with 17 books - such a happy thing.
Comics:
  • Lucifer 11: Evensong
  • Unwritten 2: Inside Man - both by Mike Carey
  • Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - both by Brian Lee O'Malley
Books:
  • City of Bones
  • City of Ashes
  • City of Bones - all by Cassandra Clare
  • The Ruby in the Smoke
  • The Shadow in the North
  • The Tiger in the Well
  • The Tin Princess - all by Philip Pullman
  • Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  • Galilee by Clive Barker
  • Storm Born by Richelle Mead
  • Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
  • Blameless by Gail Carriger
  • I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett
Few things make me happier than new books. I shall try to force myself to actually review the books I have completed in the last month as well, so there's some updates on this blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment