Sunday 22 October 2017

#Readathon - October 2017: Closing survey

I've probably read more in the last 24 hours than in all of October put together (that's how messed up my reading mojo is right now). Having not really had the time or even motivation to read, it was very good to be able to really take time away from everything else and just indulge.

Closing survey:
1) Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 13 (which is between 2 and 3am here), because I had to fight falling asleep while reading.

2) Tell us ALLLL the books you read.
Fortune Favors the Wicked - Theresa Romain
Passion Favors the Bold - Theresa Romain
It Had to Be You - Jill Shalvis
Giant Days, vol 1 - John Allison, Lissa Treiman and Whitney Cogar
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, vol 1: BFF - Amy Reeder, Brandon Montclare and Natascha Bustos
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, vol 1: Squirrel Power - Ryan North and Erica Henderson
A third of The Rebel Heir - Elizabeth Michels

3) Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
Pretty much all of them, really, with the possible exception of The Rebel Heir, which was not really grabbing me (hence the switch to comic books). The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl was especially delightful.

4)What's a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you smile?
I really don't have any suggestions on how to improve an already excellently run event. I think all he hosts and mini-challenge givers are so creative and manage so well already. I'm sure it will keep being awesome, no matter what.

5) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in helping to organize and prep?
Well, by the April 2018 Read-a-thon I will have a baby to take care of, so I honestly don't know how much reading I'll get done. I'm going to try to participate, however (having once done it with mainly audio books due to a concussion) and even if I can't do much in the baby's first year, there will be other future Read-a-thons. Don't think I'll be much good at organizing it, though, sorry.

Pages read in the last hour: 99
Pages read total: 1628
Hours read total: 11 and a third (I love my Excel spreadsheet that works that out)
Books completed: 6 and a third - see list above
Snacks consumed: Feta-and- courgette burgers with aioli and sriracha for lunch, some paprika flavoured crisps, a lot of Coke, two snowball, home made pizza, quite a bit of water
Mini-challenges completed: Opening meme, Book and Beverage challenge#ReadmorewomenBookish Crossword puzzle10 years in 10 booksDecades of Reading challenge, Closing survey

No comments:

Post a Comment