Friday 16 January 2015

Reading Challenges 2015: Finishing the Series

When I went to sign up for the What an Animal challenge, I noticed that Socrates also hosts the Finishing the Series reading challenge this year.

This is a challenge to finish up all those unfinished series books.

1) All the books that are part of a continuing series qualify (i.e Debbie Macomber's Cedar Grove, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, James Paterson's Alex Cross etc.)

2) It doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10 books to complete it, it qualifies (i.e. if you only need to read one more Sookie Stackhouse book to complete the goal, that's fine). The goal is to complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book.

3) Books have to be read between January 1st 2015 and December 31st 2015 to qualify.

4) Any format of books count (print, audio, e-book)

Because I read a huge amount of books and have so many series that I've started over the years and could do with finishing, I am signing up for the hardest level, Level 4. This is apparently Expert Series Reader and requires me to finish up 4 series or more.

Series I would like to try to complete:
The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon - one book left (but it's a big one)
The Curse Workers series by Holly Black - two books left
The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas - two books left
The Graceling series by Kristen Cashore - one book left

If I don't get round to reading these, I have more than a dozen series that I can choose from, so I don't think I will struggle to find inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment