When searching and discovering new challenges, the What's in a Name challenge, hosted by The Worm Hole, looked like a lot of fun. The challenge requires one or more books read from each of the various categories.
A word including "ing" in it (The Time of Singing, Dancing to the Flute, Lex Trent Fighting with Fire) - Verbs may be the easiest, but other words are allowed too
A colour (The Red Queen, White Truffles in Winter, On Gold Mountain)
A familial relation (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Dombey and Son, My Cousin Rachel) By all means include in-laws, step and halves.
A Body of water (The River of No Return, Black Lake, Beside the Sea)
A City (Barcelona Shadows, Shanghai Girls, Under the Tripoli Sky)
An Animal (Black Swan Rising, The Leopard Unleashed, The Horse and His Boy)
- Books can be any format (print, e-book, audio)
- It's preferred that books don't overlap with other challenges, but not a requirement at all
- Books cannot overlap categories (for instance, Black Swan Rising could be used for the category of "colour" OR "an animal", but not both
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it's encouraged!
- You don't have to make your list beforehand, you can choose them as you go.
- You don't have to read your chosen books in any particular order.
Post a Comment