Saturday 4 January 2014

2014 Romance Reading Challenge

Now, I realise that some people might say I have enough reading challenges to keep track of already, but I just discovered one that's pretty much a must for me - the Romance Reading Challenge, i.e. another one where I get credit for reading what I mostly read anyway. Naida over on The Bookworm is hosting this one, and participants should read at least five romances (at this rate I'll probably be done by February).

"Romance" isn't limited to steamy Harlequin novels (which is good, because I never read those). There is a huge selection of books in this category such as contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance, to name a few. As long as the story has romantic love between two main characters, your selection will fit this challenge. The novels do not need to have a happy ending either, there can also be unrequited love.

Frankly, for this to be even vaguely challenging, I should probably challenge myself to read one of the various sub-genres listed here, plus any others I can think of - I should probably throw at least an erotic romance and some gay/lesbian/LGBT to diversify a bit, as those are things I don't tend to read normally.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining and happy reading! lol about being done by February.

    ReplyDelete