Thursday 2 January 2014

What an Animal Reading Challenge 2014

Socrates' Book Reviews is hosting the "What an Animal" Reading Challenge, for the 7th time this year. As I'm determined to do as many of these babies as possible, I figured I'd sign up for that one as well.

The rules are really simple
1. Read at least six books that have any of the following requirements:
a. There is an animal in the title of the book
b. There is an animal on the cover of the book
c. An animal plays a major role in the book
d. A main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like)

2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious) - dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...

Level 1 - Read up to 6 books
Level 2 - Read 7-12 books
Level 3 - Read 13 or more

3. Books can be fiction or non fiction
4. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
5. Books can be in in any format of your choice (print, audio, e-books)

As there are at least six books I can think off just at the top of my head coming out in 2014 that qualify for category d, I can't in good conscience sign up for anything less than level 2. I hope I'll be able to upgrade to level 3, as let's face it, I read enough paranormal/urban fantasy to cover several requirements here.

1 comment: